And the music is fantastic!
Take part in this 700 years long travel through interstellar space. Your ship isn't made out of metal, but is the Moon itself. You and all personnel inside the Moonbase are the only humans left in this universe, violentely propeled out of the solar system. Surviving in the void will require determination, ingenuity and strong management.
This is humanity's last hope, we're counting on you !
This game was made in 1 month for the Game Off 2020.
How to play ?
- Build factories, housing and culture buildings by selecting them in the build menu and clicking on an available spot on the Moon.
- To start waiting, click on the Play or Play Fast button on the top right corner.
- Keep an eye on your population and your citizen's mood
- Click on a building to see its details, start or stop production, repair it, choose a project...
Small screen ? Click on the little arrows on the bottom right corner to make the game go fullscreen !
Tips and tricks
- Start your game with a geothermal plant, an ice melter and a mine, or you'll quickly be out of resources !
- Empty factories can cost more than they can produce, keep an eye on your population and unemployement level before building a new geothermal plant.
- Don't be afraid to destroy buildings, if your population suddently dropped, you won't need that many housing districts !
- Birth/Death rate is affected by your citizen's mood, so try and keep them happy.
- Sometime, killing some folks is the only option...
- Population will plateau after a certain point, but you can still grow with research in medecine or night clubs.
Awesome sfx work from Alessandra URSO
Tools used : Unity, Blender, Piskel, FL Studio.
Moon model from Turbosquid
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
It was a good game. Although, it feels like it can use some new feature. For one, I think the housing can be upgraded. Maybe with options with emphasis on comfort, housing spaces, or culture. Other buildings too, could use some upgrades.
Another problem is, does the tutorial ends when the research and leisure center got introduced? It wasn't clear if tutorial is finished or not. I wish this get rectified.
One thing I would like to suggest to add is social options. For one, the ability to introduce birth control aside from nightclubs should be introduced. Like, be able to to reduce birth rate because the people in my last run was breeding like rabbits forcing me to let some of them die.
Overall, it was a good simple game but it could use some new features to make it more fun.
Nice game, interesting balancing aspects that turned out quite nicely, I think.
I eventually ran out of slots to build as my population grew larger and larger (but the resource generators become more and more efficient with upgrades, so I was able to delete the excess ones).
With a large population the culture seems to drop faster than I was able to maintain it even having plenty of campuses (but everything else was fine, so my population didn't seem to mind much). I deliberately avoided the medicine upgrades, due to my overpopulation problems.
Made it to my new planet with >2m citizens.
Eventually having to click individual buildings for maintenance became quite tedious, maybe some kind of scheduling system would have been good for that (also making all research centres work on the same project with a single click might have been nice).
The UI is fantastic and I also enjoyed the opening cutscene a lot. Good job!
On my screen, all the text are super tiny to read. I am very interested in this game but it is a little difficult to figure out all the systems easily (I guess the small text is part of the reason). Our team interestingly were like-minded and created this: https://itch.io/jam/game-off-2020/rate/836823
Brilliant! Everything is so much better now, and apparently, there are more facilities available at the start compared to the last time I played.
However, I am not sure if I am missing some details or if the game is a bit too difficult, I always start with a yellow, a blue and a brown, but there are not enough workers very shortly. As soon as I build other facilities like the green, resources then drop very quickly. Then the amount of worker just can’t keep up with the resources production.
Any tips on how to go further?
You get acess to every building right from the start if you skip the intro.
For you worker problem, the solution isn't to create new factories (that creates jobs, but not workers, so you're only making it worse) Simply wait a bit, your population will grow and your factories will fill up with new workers.